Dawn Redwood 5 Tree Grove Bonsai (Outdoor)
The Dawn Redwood is an astonishing relic from the distant past. The only evidence that the tree ever existed in the first place had been fossils all the way until the 1940's when it was re-discovered in Manchuria, China.
In the 40’s the Dawn Redwood became a popular decorative tree in parks, gardens and was eventually used for Bonsai. In their natural environment these hardy conifers can reach peaks of 110 feet with a 25 foot spread, and although they won’t get that big in a pot, these majestic, powerful Bonsai will command just as much attention as their full sized brethren from spectators in your backyard or garden.
The Dawn Redwood’s needles are deciduous and especially beautiful in the Fall, as the lacy, light green foliage fades to yellow and then bronze right before shedding entirely. This strictly outdoor Bonsai Grove will thrive in temperatures about 20 degrees with protection from harsh elements.
Our Dawn Redwood 5 Tree Grove is a robust, dynamic Bonsai Grove that’s uncommonly impressive.
Dawn Redwood Grove - 4 Years Old, 16-18" Tall
* The Starter Kit Includes - 101 Bonsai Tips Book, Traditional Bonsai Shears, 2 oz. Bottle of MicroTotal, 2 oz. Bottle of Neptune's Harvest Fertilizer, Bonsai Wire and a traditional Mudman Figurine.
** Humidity Trays are used to catch the excess water that drains out of the bottom on Bonsai Pots. They're mostly used for Indoor Trees to protect furniture.
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped FedEx ground direct from the nursery and will ship separately from other items purchased via the Bonsai Outlet.
- Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you.
Over 100,000 Trees Shipped
Hassle-Free Returns & 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Better than Flowers
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I Kill It?
Maybe, but probably not. Kids and pets are much harder to keep alive, so if you’ve ever had one of them you’ll be fine. Most Bonsai we sell need little more than sun & water.
Are there specific Care Guides available for each species?
Yes there are, and you can find them HERE
When will my Bonsai ship?
We ship daily. However, trees to the west coast ship on Mondays or Tuesday to avoid being held in-transit over the weekend. Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
Can I track my Bonsai?
Yes, once your Bonsai ships you’ll get an email with a FedEx tracking number that you’ll be able to use on their website to see exactly when your tree will arrive.
Do I need anything else to start an adventure in Bonsai?
Your Bonsai will arrive potted in a ceramic Bonsai pot that will compliment your tree and right off the bat that’s all you’ll need. If you’re looking for the basics beyond that, a Starter Kit and Humidity Tray are an excellent place to start.