Trident Maple (Outdoor)
Trident Maples are popular. Very, very popular.
In their natural environment, these impressive specimens can grow up to 45 feet tall and 25 feet wide with vibrant green foliage that turns a brilliant bright orange in the Fall. Although they’re a little shorter after the Bonsai treatment, they’re no less spectacular to behold.
Trident Maples have three short lobes on their leaves (explaining the tri-dent moniker) and produce discreet Spring flowers. They’re deciduous and quick growing with fresh foliage coming in a variety of colors from purple to bronze. It does well outdoors all year long in temps above 20 degrees.
Though not exactly a beginner’s tree, the extra love and attention this Bonsai desires will be rewarded ten-fold in the years to come.
*** The Trident Maple is awesome and you're going to love it, BUT, it does go DORMANT during the Winter, so just be prepared when it shows up without leaves. Don't worry, they'll come back. They always do. ***
Trident Maple - 4 Years Old, 8-12" Tall
* The Starter Kit Includes - 101 Bonsai Tips Book, Traditional Bonsai Shears, 2 oz. Bottle of MicroTotal, 2 oz. Bottle of Neptune's Harvest Fertilizer, Bonsai Wire and a traditional Mudman Figurine.
** Humidity Trays are used to catch the excess water that drains out of the bottom on Bonsai Pots. They're mostly used for Indoor Trees to protect furniture.
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped FedEx ground direct from the nursery and will ship separately from other items purchased via the Bonsai Outlet.
- Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you.
Over 100,000 Trees Shipped
Hassle-Free Returns & 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Better than Flowers
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I Kill It?
Maybe, but probably not. Kids and pets are much harder to keep alive, so if you’ve ever had one of them you’ll be fine. Most Bonsai we sell need little more than sun & water.
Are there specific Care Guides available for each species?
Yes there are, and you can find them HERE
When will my Bonsai ship?
We generally ship out trees on Mondays & Tuesdays to avoid having them stay in the boxes for any extra time over the weekends. Severe weather can delay shipping, but that’s not usually an issue until Winter.
Can I track my Bonsai?
Yes, once your Bonsai ships you’ll get an email with a FedEx tracking number that you’ll be able to use on their website to see exactly when your tree will arrive.
Do I need anything else to start an adventure in Bonsai?
Your Bonsai will arrive potted in a ceramic Bonsai pot that will compliment your tree and right off the bat that’s all you’ll need. If you’re looking for the basics beyond that, a Starter Kit and Humidity Tray are an excellent place to start.