Akadama is a premium bonsai soil used by Japanese master gardeners. Akadama soil is mined in Japan from volcanic soil. Once extracted its dried and sifted to various grain sizes.
A lot of our experienced customers use Akadama soil for their conifers and deciduous trees, but it's also recommend for novice gardeners. Akadama soil changes color (it darkens) when wet, which provides a visual indicator of when to water your plant.
You can purchase large bags of Akadama, but there’s usually a lot of sediment at the bottom that should not be used.
We DO NOT simply repackage Akadama. Tinyroots Akadama is sifted through a 1/8” mesh to eliminate the small particles. It’s then emptied on a bench, and once again, sifted using a 1/16” mesh. This ensures that 99.9% of the sediment is eliminated. Then it’s bagged in a resealable pouch.
Benefits of Tinyroots Akadama:
- TINYROOTS. Used & Trusted by professionals at fine Bonsai Nurseries and Independent Garden Centers.
- READY TO USE. It’s double-sifted to eliminate dust and small particles. Then it’s Dried, and Bagged in Resealable pouches.
- FORMULATED BY PROFESSIONAL. All of our soil products are state inspected and tested on a regular basis in order to comply with multi-state regulations. We ACTUALLY use the soil we sell. Our soil provides the plant support, moisture & drainage Bonsai trees need.
- AVAILABLE IN MULTIPLE SIZE. Available in multiple sizes and ships in RESEABLE STAND UP POUCH. Use what you need, and reseal the pouch for future use. No mistaking what’s inside the pouch or spilling it.
- 100% Money-Back. Satisfaction Guarantee if you and not satisfied.
Sold in 2 quart bag and 2.5 Gallon Bags.