Bonsai DIY Kit - Green Island Ficus
This DIY Bonsai Kit from Bonsai Outlet includes everything you'll need to create your very own Bonsai Showpiece.
The Do-It-Yourself Pre-Bonsai Kit Contains ~
- Green Island Ficus Pre-Bonsai: 8 - 10 inches tall and around 5 - 7 inches wide
- Traditional Butterfly Bonsai Shears - The "Butterfly" shaped pruning shear is the most popular Bonsai tool on the market. They’re very easy to use, exceptionally powerful because of their unique design and have plenty of room in the handles to accommodate gloved fingers. When it comes to trimming roots, twigs and branches easily and precisely, Butterfly Shears are essential.
- Survival Guide for the First Time Bonsai Grower - Our very own guide to growing, training and caring for your new Bonsai.
- Organic Fertilizer Pellets - 4-6-4. Use one teaspoon per 6 square inches about once a month in the growing season.
- Tinyroots Tropical Blend Bonsai Soil - A mix of 100% organic double-sifted compost mulch, Akadama, Turface®, coarse river sand, fine pine bark, and Frit. Contains over 28 vital trace elements and minerals that are essential for the health of your bonsai.
- Bonsai Wire & Mesh - Perfect for anchoring and shaping. Bonsai wire is specifically designed to shape branches and small trunks and the wire we're including here is of outstanding quality.
- Rio Grande Top Dressing - A beautiful blend of deep earth-toned Bonsai gravel for the top of your soil to complete the Bonsai aesthetic.
- Glazed Bonsai Pot & Tray - A perfectly sized glazed pot and tray will be included with your kit. Colors will vary but all are beautiful.
- Traditional Chinese Mudman Figurine - Adds a bit of magic and whimsy to your Bonsai masterpiece.
The Ficus is a family member of Mulberry Plants and is one of the most popular, easiest Bonsai to style and care for.
There are hundreds of varieties of Ficus but most should be watered normally, meaning they should be given water generously whenever the soil gets slightly dry, and they prefer full sun with lots of light.
Over 100,000 Trees Shipped
Hassle-Free Returns & 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Better than Flowers
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I Kill It?
Maybe, but probably not. Kids and pets are much harder to keep alive, so if you’ve ever had one of them you’ll be fine. Most Bonsai we sell need little more than sun & water.
Are there specific Care Guides available for each species?
Yes there are, and you can find them HERE
When will my Bonsai ship?
We ship daily. However, trees to the west coast ship on Mondays or Tuesday to avoid being held in-transit over the weekend. Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
Can I track my Bonsai?
Yes, once your Bonsai ships you’ll get an email with a FedEx tracking number that you’ll be able to use on their website to see exactly when your tree will arrive.
Do I need anything else to start an adventure in Bonsai?
Your Bonsai will arrive potted in a ceramic Bonsai pot that will compliment your tree and right off the bat that’s all you’ll need. If you’re looking for the basics beyond that, a Starter Kit and Humidity Tray are an excellent place to start.