Bonsai DIY Kit - Serissa
This DIY Bonsai Kit from Bonsai Outlet includes everything you'll need to create your very own Bonsai Showpiece.
The Do-It-Yourself Pre-Bonsai Kit Contains ~
- Serissa Pre-Bonsai: 10 - 12 inches tall and around 5 - 7 inches wide
- Traditional Butterfly Bonsai Shears - The "Butterfly" shaped pruning shear is the most popular Bonsai tool on the market. They’re very easy to use, exceptionally powerful because of their unique design and have plenty of room in the handles to accommodate gloved fingers. When it comes to trimming roots, twigs and branches easily and precisely, Butterfly Shears are essential.
- Survival Guide for the First Time Bonsai Grower - Our very own guide to growing, training and caring for your new Bonsai.
- Organic Fertilizer Pellets - 4-6-4. Use one teaspoon per 6 square inches about once a month in the growing season.
- Tinyroots Tropical Blend Bonsai Soil - A mix of 100% organic double-sifted compost mulch, Akadama, Turface®, coarse river sand, fine pine bark, and Frit. Contains over 28 vital trace elements and minerals that are essential for the health of your bonsai.
- Bonsai Wire & Mesh - Perfect for anchoring and shaping. Bonsai wire is specifically designed to shape branches and small trunks and the wire we're including here is of outstanding quality.
- Rio Grande Top Dressing - A beautiful blend of deep earth-toned Bonsai gravel for the top of your soil to complete the Bonsai aesthetic.
- Glazed Bonsai Pot & Tray - A perfectly sized glazed pot and tray will be included with your kit. Colors will vary but all are beautiful.
- Traditional Chinese Mudman Figurine - Adds a bit of magic and whimsy to your Bonsai masterpiece.
Flowering White Serissa is an evergreen or semi-evergreen flowering shrub that is native to Southeast Asia and is found commonly in India, China and Japan.
It grows in wet meadows and open sub-tropical woodlands. Also known as “Snow Rose” or “Tree of a Thousand Stars” because of the tiny white flowers that it produces 2-3 times per year.
It’s naturally miniature leaves and gnarled trunk makes it a popular Bonsai tree. With the right conditions it can flower continuously, though there are more flowers from spring to autumn.
Over 100,000 Trees Shipped
Hassle-Free Returns & 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Better than Flowers
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I Kill It?
Maybe, but probably not. Kids and pets are much harder to keep alive, so if you’ve ever had one of them you’ll be fine. Most Bonsai we sell need little more than sun & water.
Are there specific Care Guides available for each species?
Yes there are, and you can find them HERE
When will my Bonsai ship?
We ship daily. However, trees to the west coast ship on Mondays or Tuesday to avoid being held in-transit over the weekend. Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
Can I track my Bonsai?
Yes, once your Bonsai ships you’ll get an email with a FedEx tracking number that you’ll be able to use on their website to see exactly when your tree will arrive.
Do I need anything else to start an adventure in Bonsai?
Your Bonsai will arrive potted in a ceramic Bonsai pot that will compliment your tree and right off the bat that’s all you’ll need. If you’re looking for the basics beyond that, a Starter Kit and Humidity Tray are an excellent place to start.
Important Shipping Information
Any tree orders going to the following states will receive their trees within two to three business days. Tree orders are shipped on Mondays and Tuesdays ONLY. North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and the Southern California.
Any tree orders going to any other state will have increased shipping time, substantial in some cases, depending on local weather. We are shipping living trees and must be consciousness of the temperature conditions to the delivery address. That said, we reserve the right to hold the tree to guarantee a healthy tree delivery. Please make certain this is okay before placing your order.