Chinese Elm 'Ulmus Parvifolia'
Key takeaways you should be aware of before purchasing:
- Chinese Elm's are know for losing their leaves. Until it establishes its new home, leaf loss will occur. Could be up to 60-80%.
- Good news is, the leaves will come back.
- The tree you receive will not be identical to the tree you see in the picture. The picture is just a representation and the tree you receive could have a different shape and pot color.
- Recommended soil to use would be the Tinyroots Tropical Soil
The Chinese Elm is one of the most popular Bonsai trees, especially among beginners.
This native of China, Japan and Korea is a hardy tree that can be kept indoors or out with minimal shelter. Because it's slow-growing and tolerant, the Chinese Elm allows beginners plenty of time and forgiveness to grow accustomed to Bonsai care.
This tree's trunk has a gorgeous swaying shape that supports a full, lush canopy of foliage. It looks like a Bonsai should: a miniature version of an age-old tree.
The Chinese Elm has small, dark green leathery leaves with blunt teeth. It has a highly predictable growth pattern which is good news for beginners. You won't need to be an expert pruner to care for a Chinese Elm, either
A ceramic pot chosen to compliment the Chinese Elm Bonsai is included with your order, along with a Bonsai care guide to help you maintain the health of your tree.
- Height: 6"- 10" Tall
- Age: 5 years old
- Container: Pot color varies
- Experience: Perfect for beginners
*** The Chinese Elm is awesome and you're going to love it, BUT, it does go SEMI-DORMANT during the Winter, so just be prepared for 60-80% leaf loss. Don't worry, they'll come back. They always do. ***
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped FedEx ground direct from the nursery and will ship separately from other items purchased via the Bonsai Outlet.
- Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you.