The Chinese Elm is one of the most popular Bonsai trees, especially among beginners.
This native of China, Japan and Korea is a hardy tree that can be kept indoors or out with minimal shelter. Because it's slow-growing and tolerant, the Chinese Elm allows beginners plenty of time and forgiveness to grow accustomed to Bonsai care.
This tree's trunk has a gorgeous swaying shape that supports a full, lush canopy of foliage. It looks like a Bonsai should: a miniature version of an age-old tree.
The Chinese Elm has small, dark green leathery leaves with blunt teeth. It has a highly predictable growth pattern which is good news for beginners. You won't need to be an expert pruner to care for a Chinese Elm, either
A ceramic pot chosen to compliment the Chinese Elm Bonsai is included with your order, along with a Bonsai care guide to help you maintain the health of your tree.
- Height: 6"- 10" Tall
- Age: 5 years old
- Container: Pot color varies
- Experience: Perfect for beginners
*** The Chinese Elm is awesome and you're going to love it, BUT, it does go SEMI-DORMANT during the Winter, so just be prepared for 60-80% leaf loss. Don't worry, they'll come back. They always do. ***
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped FedEx ground direct from the nursery and will ship separately from other items purchased via the Bonsai Outlet.
- Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you.