This is a One Of A Kind Blue Atlas Cedar
This is a tree that Jun Imabayashi started styling in 2020. In early 2023, it was potted into this Paul Olson Pot by Peter Olson - no relation to Paul Olson.
The Blue Atlas Cedar, or Cedrus atlantica 'Glauca', is a large, coniferous evergreen tree that is native to the Atlas Mountains in Morocco and Algeria. It is a popular bonsai tree due to its striking blue-green foliage and majestic, pyramidal shape.
Its needles are blue-green in color and are typically around 1 inch in length.
To care for a Blue Atlas Cedar, it is important to provide it with well-draining soil and plenty of sunlight. The tree should be watered regularly but not excessively, and fertilized during the growing season. Pruning and wiring can also be used to shape the tree and encourage growth in certain areas.
The Blue Atlas Cedar can be trained into a variety of bonsai styles, including the formal upright, informal upright, slanting, and cascade styles. Its blue-green foliage and striking, pyramidal shape make it a popular choice for bonsai enthusiasts who are looking for a unique and eye-catching tree to add to their collection.
Overall, the Blue Atlas Cedar bonsai is a beautiful and highly valued tree that can make a stunning addition to any bonsai collection. Its striking blue-green foliage and majestic, pyramidal shape make it a unique and sought-after tree that is sure to impress.
About The Tree
- Height: 16" tall, measured from the soil line to the top of tree.
- Spread: 17"
- Pot: 7.5" Paul Olson pot.
- Photographed on May 02, 2023
- Ships from our Massachusetts Nursery
The Tree(s) you see are the tree(s) you'll receive.
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped direct from the nursery and may ship separately from other items purchased via the NEBG.
- Most Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you. We are shipping living trees and must be conscious of the temperature conditions to the delivery address, as well as, while in transit. That said, we reserve the right to hold the tree(s) to guarantee a healthy delivery. We will Hold Your Tree Until It is Safe to Ship.
*** This is an expensive Bonsai. We've likely been watering, fertilizing, pruning, and weeding this tree for a long time. Once this tree leaves our facility, watering, fertilizing, etc is beyond our control. If you buy this bonsai, we assume you're a responsible person and that you know what you are purchasing. THEREFORE - The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that NEBG makes no warranties once the Product leaves our nursery. All One-Of-A-Kind Trees are listed AND sold “as is”. Sales are considered final. No refunds or exchanges will be offered in any instance. NEBG assumes no responsibility for the health and welfare of the products after they leave our nursery. Please ask care questions prior to buying, if you are unsure.