A Dwarf Jade - with movement - Bonsai Kit includes everything you need to create an awesome bonsai.
You don't often see these Jade's with a lot of movement. Unlike a straight stalk tree, these were pruned rigorously to give them more shape & dimension.
The Do-It-Yourself Pre-Bonsai Kit Contains ~
- Dwarf Jade Pre-Bonsai: The pre-bonsai is in a 5" grow pot.
- Tinyroots Tropical Blend Bonsai Soil - A mix of 100% organic double-sifted compost mulch, Turface®, coarse river sand, fine pine bark, and Frit. Contains over 28 vital trace elements and minerals that are essential for the health of your bonsai.
- Glazed Bonsai Pot & Matching Humidity Tray - A perfectly sized glazed pot and tray will be included with your kit. Colors will vary but all are beautiful.
- Bonsai Wire & Mesh - Approximately 3' of wire included. Perfect for anchoring and shaping. Bonsai wire is specifically designed to shape branches and small trunks and the wire we're including here is of outstanding quality. And the mesh, the holes are actually large enough to allow proper drainage.
- Black Mini Turntable: This is a 10-inch diameter and 1" thick Bonsai turntable. Great for any bonsai pruning job from the smallest up to 200 lbs. This small turntable is incredibly strong -that's why we call it the Mighty Mini.
- Traditional Butterfly Bonsai Shears - The "Butterfly" shaped pruning shear is the most popular Bonsai tool on the market. They’re very easy to use, exceptionally powerful because of their unique design and have plenty of room in the handles to accommodate gloved fingers. When it comes to trimming roots, twigs and branches easily and precisely, Butterfly Shears are essential.
- Stainless Steel Root Rake & Tweezer Combo: three-pronged rake is the perfect tool for working the soil during transplanting or for general care. This rake can also be used to remove soil around your bonsai’s roots, and to stir up the soil The tweezers can be used to remove dead leaves, insects, needles, weeds, and other fine debris.
- Bamboo Chopstick: an excellent tool for loosening the root mass of a Bonsai.
- Organic Fertilizer Pellets - 4-6-4. Use one teaspoon per 6 square inches about once a month in the growing season.
- Washed River Sand Top Dressing - A beautiful blend of deep earth-toned Bonsai gravel for the top of your soil to complete the Bonsai aesthetic. Also used to fill the humidity tray.
- Traditional Chinese Mudman Figurine - Adds a bit of magic and whimsy to your Bonsai masterpiece.
The Jade has been nicknamed “The Elephant Plant” due to its symbiotic relationship with the world’s largest land mammal. The botanical name is a Portulacaria Afra. As the elephants strip the leaves and cause general destruction during feeding frenzies, the fallen broken branches of the Jade propagate and within a few weeks the fleshy emerald leaves have grown back for more.
Dwarf Jades are also fast growing and require little more than the occasional watering and lots of bright sunlight. Its fleshy branches, trunk and leaves help the tree store water for long periods of time, making this a perfect addition to any home or office.
This Jade Bonsai couldn’t be more stunning or simpler to maintain. It’s truly one of a kind.
Maybe, but probably not. Kids and pets are much harder to keep alive, so if you’ve ever had one of them you’ll be fine. Most Bonsai we sell need little more than sun & water.
Yes there are, and you can find them HERE
We ship daily. However, trees to the west coast ship on Mondays or Tuesday to avoid being held in-transit over the weekend. Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
Yes, once your Bonsai ships you’ll get an email with a FedEx tracking number that you’ll be able to use on their website to see exactly when your tree will arrive.
Your Bonsai will arrive potted in a ceramic Bonsai pot that will compliment your tree and right off the bat that’s all you’ll need. If you’re looking for the basics beyond that, a Starter Kit and Humidity Tray are an excellent place to start.