The Ginkgo Biloba is a native to Japan and its existence can be traced back over 250 million years, making it a living fossil and the last surviving member of its family.
Extremely hearty, it can easily live to be 100 years or more; the oldest living Ginkgo tree is over 3000 years old and is protected by law in China. These amazing trees can grow to over 100 feet tall and are revered in their native lands. In Asiatic countries, it is fondly called “Chichi Icho”, which means “breast” or “nipple”, a name which hints at its importance for holistic wellness. It's considered to be “The Fountain of Youth” plant, and is well documented around the world for its ability to improve memory and overall health.
The leaves of this tree are two-lobed and fan-shaped, making them unique and distinctive. In the fall, they turn a beautiful golden color which is short lived as once leaf drop starts to occur, it will be finished in a matter of days. The bark of the Ginkgo is pale grey, and is very easily bruised and damaged. After 20 years of growth this bonsai can produce cones and false flowers. When Ginkgo is kept as a bonsai, it rarely develops fruit, which is a bonus considering that the fruit’s outer covering gives off a nasty scent due to butanoic acid.
*** The Ginko is awesome and you're going to love it, BUT, it does go DORMANT during the Winter, so just be prepared when it shows up without leaves. Don't worry, they'll come back. They always do. ***
Ginko Biloba - 4 Years Old, 10-12" Tall
* The Starter Kit Includes - 101 Bonsai Tips Book, Traditional Bonsai Shears, 2 oz. Bottle of MicroTotal, 2 oz. Bottle of Neptune's Harvest Fertilizer, Bonsai Wire, Mudman Figurine & a Decorative Bamboo Box
** Humidity Trays are used to catch the excess water that drains out of the bottom on Bonsai Pots. They're mostly used for Indoor Trees to protect furniture.
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped FedEx ground direct from the nursery and will ship separately from other items purchased via the Bonsai Outlet.
- Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you.
Maybe, but probably not. Kids and pets are much harder to keep alive, so if you’ve ever had one of them you’ll be fine. Most Bonsai we sell need little more than sun & water.
Yes there are, and you can find them HERE
We ship daily. However, trees to the west coast ship on Mondays or Tuesday to avoid being held in-transit over the weekend. Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
Yes, once your Bonsai ships you’ll get an email with a FedEx tracking number that you’ll be able to use on their website to see exactly when your tree will arrive.
Your Bonsai will arrive potted in a ceramic Bonsai pot that will compliment your tree and right off the bat that’s all you’ll need. If you’re looking for the basics beyond that, a Starter Kit and Humidity Tray are an excellent place to start.