This Brush Cherry is a perfect Indoor tree for beginners.
- 12 - 15" Brush Cherry in a seven inch glazed pot
Brush Cherry is an evergreen tree or shrub, some of which have been reclassified to the genus Syzygium. The dark green ovate leaves are formed in pairs and are firm and glossy.
In spring, the Brush Cherry - Eugenia – may bear small white flowers followed by red fruit only some of which are edible. The dried buds of the Eugenia aromatica (Syzygium aromaticum) become fragrant “herb” cloves.
Brush Cherry do best outdoors. They grow best in high light and thrive in sunny, warm locations. The Brush Cherry can tolerate full sun but partial shade is recommended in the hottest areas. Use a humidity tray to keep moisture levels up.
Although some people leave their Brush Cherry outside during the winter, it should never be allowed in temperatures below 30º F. Do not position near a heat source or in drafts. It does not like a lot of variation in temperature.
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped direct from the nursery and may ship separately from other items purchased via the Bonsai Outlet.
- Most Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you. We are shipping living trees and must be conscious of the temperature conditions to the delivery address, as well as, while in transit. That said, we reserve the right to hold the tree(s) to guarantee a healthy delivery.
Maybe, but probably not. Kids and pets are much harder to keep alive, so if you’ve ever had one of them you’ll be fine. Most Bonsai we sell need little more than sun & water.
Yes there are, and you can find them HERE
We ship daily. However, trees to the west coast ship on Mondays or Tuesday to avoid being held in-transit over the weekend. Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
Yes, once your Bonsai ships you’ll get an email with a FedEx tracking number that you’ll be able to use on their website to see exactly when your tree will arrive.
Your Bonsai will arrive potted in a ceramic Bonsai pot that will compliment your tree and right off the bat that’s all you’ll need. If you’re looking for the basics beyond that, a Starter Kit and Humidity Tray are an excellent place to start.