The Podocarpus is sometimes referred to as the Chinese Yew or the "Pine of the Buddhists", but regardless of what you call it, it’s a distinctive and beautiful conversation piece that will brighten up any room you put it in.
Podocarpus are a dazzling dense Evergreen with thin, leathery, dark-green leaves arranged on stiff, symmetrical branches. They tend to be slow-growing indoors and they’re tremendously easy to care for in general, making them a perfect Bonsai for beginners.
This particular variety also fruits in the Spring by means of self-pollinating ~ it has both male flowers in cones and female flowers composed of cylindrical thickened scales (not that there's anything wrong with that).
The fruit are brightly colored and a little bizarre looking, but they’re also edible which makes this Bonsai a perfect balance of form and function. The Podocarpus is truly captivating and you’ll be absolutely thrilled to own one.
Medium Podocarpus - 7 Years Old, 10-14" Tall
Large Podocarpus - 10 Years Old, 14-20" Tall
* The Starter Kit Includes - 101 Bonsai Tips Book, Traditional Bonsai Shears, 2 oz. Bottle of MicroTotal, 2 oz. Bottle of Neptune's Harvest Fertilizer, Bonsai Wire and a traditional Mudman Figurine.
** Humidity Trays are used to catch the excess water that drains out of the bottom on Bonsai Pots. They're mostly used for Indoor Trees to protect furniture.
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped FedEx ground direct from the nursery and will ship separately from other items purchased via the Bonsai Outlet.
- Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you.
Maybe, but probably not. Kids and pets are much harder to keep alive, so if you’ve ever had one of them you’ll be fine. Most Bonsai we sell need little more than sun & water.
Yes there are, and you can find them HERE
We ship daily. However, trees to the west coast ship on Mondays or Tuesday to avoid being held in-transit over the weekend. Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
Yes, once your Bonsai ships you’ll get an email with a FedEx tracking number that you’ll be able to use on their website to see exactly when your tree will arrive.
Your Bonsai will arrive potted in a ceramic Bonsai pot that will compliment your tree and right off the bat that’s all you’ll need. If you’re looking for the basics beyond that, a Starter Kit and Humidity Tray are an excellent place to start.