Gnarly Shimpaku Recently Wired by Jun Imabayashi. It's in a Kawaguchi Tokoname Pot. (WEB725) FREE SHIPPING
Don’t Forget These? Add one of these products now, And Don’t Pay Extra shipping fees.
This is a One Of A Kind Shimpaku.
Shimpaku junipers have fine qualities, especially suited to Bonsai culture. Tiny needles which can be pinched at the end of well ramified branches, producing a cloud like effect. Generally vigorous, they respond well to proper hard pruning. The red under-bark is a beautiful warm tone that can be used to highlight the jin and shari carving. Shimpaku junipers are in the top tier of Bonsai specimens for these reasons, and more.
The foliage is needle-like on young trees and scale-like on older trees, and the fruit is a small, hard, bluish berry. One of the most unique characteristics of Shimpaku is its hard resinous wood; which is ideal for advanced sculptural techniques such as jin, shari and sabamiki.
The tree you see is the tree you'll receive. Please ask us questions if you are unsure about caring for this tree. Please loot at the pictures. Sorry, the pictures magnified the dirt on pot.
- This Shimpaku is 11" tall, measured from the table to the top of tree. The spread is 18"
- It ships in a 6" Kawaguchi Tokoname Ceramic pot
The Tree(s) you see are the tree(s) you'll receive.
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped direct from the nursery and may ship separately from other items purchased via the Bonsai Outlet.
- Most Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you. We are shipping living trees and must be conscious of the temperature conditions to the delivery address, as well as, while in transit. That said, we reserve the right to hold the tree(s) to guarantee a healthy delivery. We will Hold Your Tree Until It is Safe to Ship.
*** This is an expensive Bonsai. We've likely been watering, fertilizing, pruning, and weeding this tree for a long time. Once this tree leaves our facility, watering, fertilizing, etc is beyond our control. If you buy this bonsai, we assume you're a responsible person and that you know what you are purchasing. THEREFORE - The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that Bonsai Outlet makes no warranties once the Product leaves our nursery. All One-Of-A-Kind Trees are listed AND sold “as is”. Sales are considered final. No refunds or exchanges will be offered in any instance. Bonsai Outlet assumes no responsibility for the health and welfare of the products after they leave our nursery. Please ask care questions prior to buying, if you are unsure.
Over 100,000 Trees Shipped
Hassle-Free Returns & 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Better than Flowers
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I Kill It?
Maybe, but probably not. Kids and pets are much harder to keep alive, so if you’ve ever had one of them you’ll be fine. Most Bonsai we sell need little more than sun & water.
Are there specific Care Guides available for each species?
Yes there are, and you can find them HERE
When will my Bonsai ship?
We ship daily. However, trees to the west coast ship on Mondays or Tuesday to avoid being held in-transit over the weekend. Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
Can I track my Bonsai?
Yes, once your Bonsai ships you’ll get an email with a FedEx tracking number that you’ll be able to use on their website to see exactly when your tree will arrive.
Do I need anything else to start an adventure in Bonsai?
Your Bonsai will arrive potted in a ceramic Bonsai pot that will compliment your tree and right off the bat that’s all you’ll need. If you’re looking for the basics beyond that, a Starter Kit and Humidity Tray are an excellent place to start.