This is a One Of A Kind Japanese Black Pine 'Mikawa'
The 'Mikawa' is a favorite among bonsai lovers. It has soft needles and aged looking bark. However, I don’t think a bonsai professional would be able to identify a “Mikawa” Pine. Mikawa is a location in Japan where these trees originated from.
These were grown from an imported seed, 5+ years ago. The seeds were imported from Japan and they were labelled “Mikawa” so presumably that is correct.
Nonetheless, this Japanese Black Pine is as healthy as they get. Pictures don't do it justice, but scroll through them to see the trees features.
I hand selected these trees to post online for our holiday blow out. It’s everything we currently have available. All of the others are being styled and potted into ceramic pots for the spring season.
We might have trees we can’t get to in the spring and we’ll post more pre-bonsai, but for now, the trees Mikawa’s you see are those we have available.
- This Bonsai is 12" tall, measured from the soil to the top of tree. The spread is 8"
- It ships in a 6" plastic grow pot
- Pictures taken November 30, 2022
The tree you see if the tree you'll receive. Note: Our Cold Hardy Trees (Junipers, Shimpaku, Pines, Maples, etc) ship from Bellingham, MA. These trees ARE dormant and safe to ship to any other (cold or warm) state. The foliage / needles have hardened off.
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped direct from the nursery and may ship separately from other items purchased via the Bonsai Outlet.
- Most Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you. We are shipping living trees and must be conscious of the temperature conditions to the delivery address, as well as, while in transit. That said, we reserve the right to hold the tree(s) to guarantee a healthy delivery. We will Hold Your Tree Until It is Safe to Ship.
*** This is an expensive Bonsai. We've likely been watering, fertilizing, pruning, and weeding this tree for a long time. Once this tree leaves our facility, watering, fertilizing, etc is beyond our control. If you buy this bonsai, we assume you're a responsible person and that you know what you are purchasing. THEREFORE - The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that Bonsai Outlet makes no warranties once the Product leaves our nursery. All One-Of-A-Kind Trees are listed AND sold “as is”. Sales are considered final. No refunds or exchanges will be offered in any instance. Bonsai Outlet assumes no responsibility for the health and welfare of the products after they leave our nursery. Please ask care questions prior to buying, if you are unsure.