Large Air Root Hawaiian Umbrella Bonsai DIY Kit
This LARGE Hawaiin Umbrella Bonsai Kit includes everything you need to create an awesome bonsai.
Normal retail price is $157.99 plus shipping. We only have 35 of them - once they're gone, the price goes back to $157.99. We need the greenhouse space for new arrivals. Again, it's limited to 35 kits!
IMPORTANT: We're expecting another snow storm in the Boston area Tuesday / Wednesday. We will hold your order until the weather allows us to ship.
The Do-It-Yourself Pre-Bonsai Kit Contains ~
- Hawaiian Umbrella Pre-Bonsai: The pre-bonsai is in a 10" grow pot. 11 - 13 inches tall. LOOK at those Air Roots!
- Tinyroots Tropical Blend Bonsai Soil - A mix of 100% organic double-sifted compost mulch, Turface®, coarse river sand, fine pine bark, and Frit. Contains over 28 vital trace elements and minerals that are essential for the health of your bonsai.
- Glazed Bonsai Pot & classic Japanese Humidity Tray - A perfectly sized glazed pot and tray will be included with your kit. Colors will vary but all are beautiful.
- Bonsai Wire & Mesh - Approximately 3' of wire included. Perfect for anchoring and shaping. Bonsai wire is specifically designed to shape branches and small trunks and the wire we're including here is of outstanding quality. And the mesh, the holes are actually large enough to allow proper drainage.
- Black Mini Turntable: This is a 10-inch diameter and 1" thick Bonsai turntable. Great for any bonsai pruning job from the smallest up to 200 lbs. This small turntable is incredibly strong -that's why we call it the Mighty Mini.
- Traditional Butterfly Bonsai Shears - The "Butterfly" shaped pruning shear is the most popular Bonsai tool on the market. They’re very easy to use, exceptionally powerful because of their unique design and have plenty of room in the handles to accommodate gloved fingers. When it comes to trimming roots, twigs and branches easily and precisely, Butterfly Shears are essential.
- Stainless Steel Root Rake & Tweezer Combo: three-pronged rake is the perfect tool for working the soil during transplanting or for general care. This rake can also be used to remove soil around your bonsai’s roots, and to stir up the soil The tweezers can be used to remove dead leaves, insects, needles, weeds, and other fine debris.
- Bamboo Chopstick: an excellent tool for loosening the root mass of a Bonsai.
- Organic Fertilizer Pellets - 4-6-4. Use one teaspoon per 6 square inches about once a month in the growing season.
- Washed River Sand Top Dressing - A beautiful blend of deep earth-toned Bonsai gravel for the top of your soil to complete the Bonsai aesthetic. Also used to fill the humidity tray.
- Traditional Chinese Mudman Figurine - Adds a bit of magic and whimsy to your Bonsai masterpiece.
The Hawaiian Umbrella is an evergreen with shiny, broad, dark-green leaves that form tiny umbrellas over its multiple, intricate trunks. It’s one of the most unique and interesting Bonsai in existence and one can’t help but be captivated by its presence.
At approximately 5 years old, these Dwarf Hawaiian Umbrella plants (with air roots) are stunning in appearance. They’re also low in maintenance, making it the ideal Bonsai for anyone who likes beauty without too much effort (which is to say, everyone).
Whether you’re buying for yourself or giving the Hawaiian Umbrella as a gift, this Bonsai is going to be a homerun every time.
This offer expires when 35 kits are sold. They will sell out!
Over 100,000 Trees Shipped
Hassle-Free Returns & 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Better than Flowers
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I Kill It?
Maybe, but probably not. Kids and pets are much harder to keep alive, so if you’ve ever had one of them you’ll be fine. Most Bonsai we sell need little more than sun & water.
Are there specific Care Guides available for each species?
Yes there are, and you can find them HERE
When will my Bonsai ship?
We ship daily. However, trees to the west coast ship on Mondays or Tuesday to avoid being held in-transit over the weekend. Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
Can I track my Bonsai?
Yes, once your Bonsai ships you’ll get an email with a FedEx tracking number that you’ll be able to use on their website to see exactly when your tree will arrive.
Do I need anything else to start an adventure in Bonsai?
Your Bonsai will arrive potted in a ceramic Bonsai pot that will compliment your tree and right off the bat that’s all you’ll need. If you’re looking for the basics beyond that, a Starter Kit and Humidity Tray are an excellent place to start.
Important Shipping Information
Any tree orders going to the following states will receive their trees within two to three business days. Tree orders are shipped on Mondays and Tuesdays ONLY. North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and the Southern California.
Any tree orders going to any other state will have increased shipping time, substantial in some cases, depending on local weather. We are shipping living trees and must be consciousness of the temperature conditions to the delivery address. That said, we reserve the right to hold the tree to guarantee a healthy tree delivery. Please make certain this is okay before placing your order.