One-Of-A-Kind Cork Bark Japanese Black Pine
This is an old Japanese Black Pine that we just purchased from a local customer / collector on August 19, 2022. He (and we) and not sure if this was imported under strict quarantine by New England Bonsai, but it's very possible. The tree is 30+ years old. The Pine was repotted early 2022.
Cork Bark Black Pines are unusual and rare. These trees exhibit large wings of bark on trunk and on older branches. The previous owner wired / styled and the wire will need to be removed in the coming weeks.
Black Pines are becoming harder and harder to find - especially Imported one - although we do NOT have records of the tree being imported.
These are rare trees. Please note that we will contact the buyer prior to shipping this tree. We want to make sure it goes to a great home with an experienced bonsai person that can continue to care for the tree.
- This Bonsai is 15.5" tall, measured from the table to the top of tree. The spread is 18"
- It ships in a 9" Unglazed Ceramic Pot
- Tree was photographed on September 06, 2021
Please ask us questions if you are unsure about caring for this tree.
The Tree(s) you see are the tree(s) you'll receive.
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped direct from the nursery and may ship separately from other items purchased via the Bonsai Outlet.
- Most Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you. We are shipping living trees and must be conscious of the temperature conditions to the delivery address, as well as, while in transit. That said, we reserve the right to hold the tree(s) to guarantee a healthy delivery. We will Hold Your Tree Until It is Safe to Ship.
*** This is an expensive Bonsai. We've likely been watering, fertilizing, pruning, and weeding this tree for a long time. Once this tree leaves our facility, watering, fertilizing, etc is beyond our control. If you buy this bonsai, we assume you're a responsible person and that you know what you are purchasing. THEREFORE - The Buyer acknowledges and agrees that Bonsai Outlet makes no warranties once the Product leaves our nursery. All One-Of-A-Kind Trees are listed AND sold “as is”. Sales are considered final. No refunds or exchanges will be offered in any instance. Bonsai Outlet assumes no responsibility for the health and welfare of the products after they leave our nursery. Please ask care questions prior to buying, if you are unsure.