Fukien Tea 'Carmona microphylla'
This is a beautiful Fukien Tea Bonsai Tree.
A wonderful indoor Bonsai tree, the Fukien Tea (sometimes known as Carmona) loves heat and can be grown outdoors in a warm climate. This tree originated in Southern Asia and eventially became a wildly popular Bonsai tree in China.
The Fukien Tea produces small white flowers in April and May. With a weathered, thick and gnarled trunk, this tree looks like a Bonsai should: a miniature version of an age-old tree.
This Bonsai has the classic shape of an aged tree and, although it grows slowly and looks great now, it will continue to develop for years to come. This tree's trunk has a gorgeous swaying shape that supports a full, lush canopy of foliage.
Every bonsai is unique, and so we provide care instructions written for the unique requirements of your bonsai tree. While training a bonsai tree may be a bit more challenging than caring for a common house plant, it by no means requires a sophisticated “green thumb.” Following a few simple guidelines can make for a healthy bonsai tree and happy owner.
IMPORTANT: This tree is best suited for southern states. It enjoy suns, heat, and humidity. It does NOT enjoy the cold northern states.
- Medium Tree: 6" - 8" Tall / Age: 6 Year
- Large Tree: 14"- 20" Tall / Age: 12 year
- Container: Pot color varies
- Experience: Perfect for beginners
Fukien Tea Bonsai Care Instructions
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped FedEx ground direct from the nursery and will ship separately from other items purchased via the Bonsai Outlet.
- Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you.
Will I Kill It?
Maybe, but probably not. Kids and pets are much harder to keep alive, so if you’ve ever had one of them you’ll be fine. Most Bonsai we sell need little more than sun & water.
Are there specific Care Guides available for each species?
Yes there are, and you can find them HERE
When will my Bonsai ship?
We ship daily. However, trees to the west coast ship on Mondays or Tuesday to avoid being held in-transit over the weekend. Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
Can I track my Bonsai?
Yes, once your Bonsai ships you’ll get an email with a FedEx tracking number that you’ll be able to use on their website to see exactly when your tree will arrive.
Do I need anything else to start an adventure in Bonsai?
Your Bonsai will arrive potted in a ceramic Bonsai pot that will compliment your tree and right off the bat that’s all you’ll need. If you’re looking for the basics beyond that, a Starter Kit and Humidity Tray are an excellent place to start.