Ponytail Palm - Indoor Bonsai Tree
The Ponytail Palm is a native of Southeastern Mexico and despite its name, isn’t actually a Palm at all (it’s actually a Lily, we just haven’t had the heart to tell it).
Perhaps the most striking feature of this lovely tree is its swollen, bulbous base. The trunk has a unique texture and scaly feel that’s earned it the nickname Elephant’s Foot, and that base serves as a reserve for water making the Ponytail Palm highly tolerant to drought and low water conditions.
Clusters of long strap-like leaves arch and droop gracefully from the trunk giving the impression of a tropical palm, and despite its elegant appearance this slow-growing, low-maintenance Bonsai couldn’t be easier to care for.
The Ponytail is an excellent Bonsai for any home or office and with a little light and water you’ll be enjoying this tree for many, many years to come.
- Ponytail Palm - 6 Years Old, 10-16" Tall
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped direct from the nursery and may ship separately from other items purchased via the Bonsai Outlet.
- Most Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you. We are shipping living trees and must be conscious of the temperature conditions to the delivery address, as well as, while in transit. That said, we reserve the right to hold the tree(s) to guarantee a healthy delivery.
Maybe, but probably not. Kids and pets are much harder to keep alive, so if you’ve ever had one of them you’ll be fine. Most Bonsai we sell need little more than sun & water.
Yes there are, and you can find them HERE
We ship daily. However, trees to the west coast ship on Mondays or Tuesday to avoid being held in-transit over the weekend. Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
Yes, once your Bonsai ships you’ll get an email with a FedEx tracking number that you’ll be able to use on their website to see exactly when your tree will arrive.
Your Bonsai will arrive potted in a ceramic Bonsai pot that will compliment your tree and right off the bat that’s all you’ll need. If you’re looking for the basics beyond that, a Starter Kit and Humidity Tray are an excellent place to start.