- Our 100% Guarantee
Our 100% Guarantee
BonsaiOutlet Return Policies And Satisfaction Guarantees
As the Internet's largest online retailer of bonsai trees and related products, it is our mission at BonsaiOutlet to stand behind our products in every way possible. Your satisfaction is our #1 priority, and we wouldn't be where we are today without many satisfied customers.
However, as we deal with living things, there are some limits to what we can and cannot guarantee. We take every possible precaution to protect our trees and ensure they arrive safe and healthy, but occasionally Mother Nature will have other plans. We ask our customers to please be aware of this, and to review our guarantee policies for both our living and non-living products.
100% Guarantee & Returns Policy
We spare no effort in seeing your bonsai tree shipped with the best possible chance of reaching you alive and well. Prior to shipment, we will:
- Water your bonsai: It is thoroughly watered to ensure it has plenty of moisture during transit.
- Secure your bonsai: The pot is securely wrapped and taped up, both to protect the tree as well as to help hold in moisture.
- Package your bonsai: We ship our bonsai trees in large corrugated boxes that leave room for the tree on all sides.
- Add extra security: Unless we feel it will potentially harm a fragile tree, we add packing peanuts around the tree. This provides shock protection, as well as helping to insulate it during shipment.
If you should ever receive a tree or other plant from BonsaiOutlet which is damaged or appears sick upon opening the box, we will do whatever it takes to make the situation right. Take a picture of the damage, and contact our customer service. If necessary, we will replace the tree, the pot, or any other damage done. It is vital you do this immediately. For the best customer service, please do not wait to contact us if the tree, its pot, or other items are damaged upon receipt.
1. 30-day Non-Specimen Bonsai
We guarantee all non-specimen Bonsai for 30 days. We can guarantee that the tree will ship healthy, but weather and shipping services can have an impact on the condition your Bonsai arrives in. If there are any issues upon your tree’s arrival, PLEASE contact us immediately so we can intervene and do everything we can to save the Bonsai.
Got a little over-zealous with care instructions? It happens. If for any reason, your bonsai tree doesn’t live up to expectations, we will be happy to replace your plant ONE TIME for the same bonsai, or one of equal value, free of charge within 30 days of your original purchase.
Simply contact our customer service experts and we’ll instruct you on the procedure to obtain a replacement tree. Our resident bonsai experts will be happy to advise you on tree care, and help ensure it grows happily. Most returns can be avoided with a little TLC!
2. Specimen Bonsai
Specimen trees are one-of-a-kind. Because of their unique nature, our ability to replace them is extremely limited. If you have ordered a specimen tree from us and it arrives damaged, you must contact us within 24 hours of receipt. After that time, any health problems or damage to the tree are considered the buyer's responsibility.
We strongly urge any customer purchasing a specimen tree from us to review our care instructions for their breed to ensure it thrives in their care.
We guarantee that all specimen Bonsai arrive healthy and true to name. Please note that once a tree leaves our nursery, weather and shipping services can have an impact on the condition your Bonsai arrives in. If there are any issues upon your specimen tree’s arrival, PLEASE contact us immediately so we can intervene and do everything we can to save the Bonsai. Insurance is ALWAYS purchased.
We also carry a wide range of tools, soils, additives, and other accessories intended to improve the quality of your bonsai experience. Unless otherwise noted, these qualify for our full satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with a non-living item you purchase from BonsaiOutlet, we will replace or refund your purchase no questions asked if you:
- Return the item in the same condition in which you received it.
- Include the packing slip with the "reason for return" section completed, and
- Return the item within 30 days of the shipment date.
*Refunds exclude gift wrapping and other service charges, as well as shipping & handling unless a shipping error occurred.
We do carry a few items which cannot be returned unless they were damaged in transit or there was a mistake in your order. These include:
- Autographed books
- Customized items like corporate gifts
- Gift cards
- Bulk\wholesale purchases
- Opened fertilizer, pesticides, pastes, or soils.
Return by mail
Each of the steps below must be followed in order for BonsaiOutlet.com to provide you with a satisfactory experience.
- Include the original paperwork, parts, and accessories
- Include the reason for your return on the original packing slip, and put it in the package
- Insure your package and keep a copy of the tracking number
- Please don't send C.O.D. As much as we'd like to, we can't accept it.
Send your returns to the following address:
C/O Returns Center
914 South Main Street
Bellingham, MA 02019
You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 30 business days of our receiving the item(s). You will be refunded the shipping cost if the return is a result of a manufacturer error or our error.
Need more help? Contact us through email or call 1-877-806-3200. We're here for you.