Dust Free RED Lava Rock. Perfect aggregate and substrate for Bonsai Soil Additive. Great for Succulents, Bonsai, and many other plants. Comes in many sizes. Professional Mix and Sifted.
Red Lava is what we use in our Premium Bonsai Soil (Boon Mix).
- Ready To Use – Sifted to a uniform size & Dust Free.
- Promotes Excellent Drainage & Water Retention
- Resealable Bag
- Manufactured in the US.
- Pure lava rock - NO artificial coloring.
- Plants love it.
- 2 Quart Bag
Red Lava Rock comes in Three (3) Different Particles Sizes:
- Small: Approx. 1/8” - 1/4" particles. Perfect for Shohin and Smaller Bonsai.
- Medium: Approx. 1/4” - 3/8" particles. Perfect for Medium to Large Trees
- Large: Approx. 3/8” particles. Perfect for Larger Trees, drainage layer, top dressing, or humidity trays.
The Most Popular sizes are Small & Medium when used as a soil aggregate. If you're purchasing Lava Rock for a larger bonsai or want to use it as top dressing, go with the larger particles. We use the large particles at the bottom of pots to ensure proper drainage.
Our Red Lava Rock contains no artificial coloring. It’s non-toxic, porous, and lightweight. It’s ideal to help control moisture and improve drainage. It’s commonly use as a soil additive for Bonsai, Succulents, or other plants. Lava Rock will help prevent soil compaction and will not break down over time.
Tinyroots Red Lava Rock is Ready-To-Use. It have been sifted to uniform sizes and is DUST FREE.
As a registered Nursery in Massachusetts and Florida, our soils and aggregates are tested regularly to comply with agricultural regulations.