Flowering Gardenia - Outdoor Bonsai Tree
Botanical Name - Gardenia jasminoides 'Radicans'
Dark, glossy foliage that feels like suede, graceful snow-white flowers and that legendary, sweet bouquet ~ if the Gardenia isn’t perfect, I’m not sure what is.
The Gardenia is an evergreen shrub native to regions of Africa, Asia and Australia, but its adaptability to the Japanese Art of Bonsai that’s made it one of the most popular trees we sell.
These Gardenia bloom from March through June and during those months go unrivaled in terms of beauty, grace and fragrance. A word of warning, though – the Gardenia isn’t recommended for novices. As with most things that are stunningly gorgeous, it’s not low maintenance.
The Gardenia is perfection in a pot.
*** The Gardenia is awesome and you're going to love it, BUT, it does go DORMANT during the Winter, so just be prepared when it shows up without leaves. Don't worry, they'll come back. They always do. ***
They bloom in May and June.
- Small Gardenia - 4 Years Old, 6-12" Tall
- Medium Gardenia - 6 Years Old, 6-10" Tall
- Large Gardenia - 6 Years Old, 10-14" Tall
*** State Agricultural Regulations prohibit shipments of Gardenias to Arizona.
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped direct from the nursery and will ship separately from other items purchased via the Bonsai Outlet.
- MOST Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you.
Maybe, but probably not. Kids and pets are much harder to keep alive, so if you’ve ever had one of them you’ll be fine. Most Bonsai we sell need little more than sun & water.
Yes there are, and you can find them HERE
We ship daily. However, trees to the west coast ship on Mondays or Tuesday to avoid being held in-transit over the weekend. Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
Yes, once your Bonsai ships you’ll get an email with a FedEx tracking number that you’ll be able to use on their website to see exactly when your tree will arrive.
Your Bonsai will arrive potted in a ceramic Bonsai pot that will compliment your tree and right off the bat that’s all you’ll need. If you’re looking for the basics beyond that, a Starter Kit and Humidity Tray are an excellent place to start.