Satsuki Azalea - A Dynamic Bonsai
The Satsuki Azalea is highly coveted in Japan and has been grown there for centuries, so if you’re looking for one of the most sought after and dynamic Bonsai on the planet, you’ve found it.
Satsuki Azalea is an evergreen and a proud member of the Rhododendron family. It blooms in late Spring with a prolific amount of gorgeous flowers in a variety of pinks, reds, whites and purples surrounded by small green leaves.
In addition to being easy on the eyes, the Azalea adapts extraordinarily well to being potted and will trunk up well in a relatively short amount of time. These beautiful specimens are strictly Outdoor trees and will do quite well in temps above 20 degrees and protection from harsh elements.
The Azalea’s dramatic, magnificent blooms make for an amazing Bonsai show piece that you’ll adore for years.
These Azalea bloom from Early May to June.
- Small Satsuki Azalea - 5 Years Old, 5-8" Tall
- Medium Satsuki Azalea - 6 Years Old, 7-10" Tall
- Large Satsuki Azalea - 8 Years Old, 12-14" Tall
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped direct from the nursery and may ship separately from other items purchased via the Bonsai Outlet.
- MOST Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you.
Will I Kill It?
Maybe, but probably not. Kids and pets are much harder to keep alive, so if you’ve ever had one of them you’ll be fine. Most Bonsai we sell need little more than sun & water.
Are there specific Care Guides available for each species?
Yes there are, and you can find them HERE
When will my Bonsai ship?
We ship daily. However, trees to the west coast ship on Mondays or Tuesday to avoid being held in-transit over the weekend. Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
Can I track my Bonsai?
Yes, once your Bonsai ships you’ll get an email with a FedEx tracking number that you’ll be able to use on their website to see exactly when your tree will arrive.
Do I need anything else to start an adventure in Bonsai?
Your Bonsai will arrive potted in a ceramic Bonsai pot that will compliment your tree and right off the bat that’s all you’ll need. If you’re looking for the basics beyond that, a Starter Kit and Humidity Tray are an excellent place to start.