The Chinese Elm is Bonsai Outlet’s own World Champion, consistently outselling all the other species we offer (and looking good doing it).
Chinese Elms are natives of East Asia, and left to its natural form they can grow up to 60ft tall. However, these exquisite trees were seemingly made for The Art of Bonsai.
The Chinese Elm’s canopy is rounded and lush with small, shiny, leathery dark-green leaves that have tiny teeth running alongside each edge. The gorgeous trunk has an incredibly graceful swaying shape that helps it look exactly as Bonsai should ~ a miniature version of an age-old tree.
Aesthetics aside, the Chinese Elm is also a perfect tree for beginners because it’s extraordinarily hardy, it has the unique ability to adapt to an indoor or outdoor environment and its both slow growing & tolerant.
Our Chinese Elm is the quintessential Bonsai and we can’t recommend it highly enough.
*** The Chinese Elm is awesome and you're going to love it, BUT, it does go SEMI-DORMANT during the Winter, so just be prepared for 60-80% leaf loss. Don't worry, they'll come back. They always do. ***
Small Chinese Elm - 5 Years Old, 6-10" Tall
Medium Chinese Elm - 8 Years Old, 10-14" Tall
Large Chinese Elm - 12 Years Old, 16-20" Tall
* The Starter Kit Includes - 101 Bonsai Tips Book, Traditional Bonsai Shears, 2 oz. Bottle of MicroTotal, 2 oz. Bottle of Neptune's Harvest Fertilizer, Bonsai Wire and a traditional Mudman Figurine.
** Humidity Trays are used to catch the excess water that drains out of the bottom on Bonsai Pots. They're mostly used for Indoor Trees to protect furniture.
Important Shipping Guidelines:
- We cannot ship to a FPO, APO, P.O. Box or to locations in Alaska, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.
- All Bonsai are shipped direct from the nursery and may ship separately from other items purchased via the Bonsai Outlet.
- Most Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
- If extreme weather is expected, we may delay shipping your Bonsai tree to guarantee a healthy arrival; in such a case we will contact you. We are shipping living trees and must be conscious of the temperature conditions to the delivery address, as well as, while in transit. That said, we reserve the right to hold the tree(s) to guarantee a healthy delivery.