This Upright Juniper Bonsai Kit is a New England Bonsai Gardens Exclusive and a perfect outdoor tree for beginners.
It contains everything you'll need, including -
- Juniper Pre-Bonsai: 12 - 14 inches tall and around 10 - 20 inches wide
- Tinyroots Conifer Blend Bonsai Soil - A mix of 100% pumice, expanded slate, lava rock, and horticultural charcoal. It's hand mixed, dried, and bagged.
- Glazed or Unglazed Bonsai Pot (based on availability) - A perfectly sized bonsai pot will be included with your kit. Colors and glazed/unglazed will vary but all are beautiful.
- Bonsai Wire & Mesh - Approximately 3' of wire included. Perfect for anchoring and shaping. Bonsai wire is specifically designed to shape branches and small trunks and the wire we're including here is of outstanding quality. And the mesh, the holes are actually large enough to allow proper drainage.
- Bamboo Chopstick: an excellent tool for loosening the root mass of a Bonsai.
- Washed River Sand Top Dressing - A beautiful blend of deep earth-toned Bonsai gravel for the top of your soil to complete the Bonsai aesthetic. Also used to fill the humidity tray.
Considered a very hardy conifer, the Juniper is a non-flowering tree that makes a great choice for bonsai because of it is so easy to prune and train. Originating from China, it is one of the most popular types of bonsai trees and is a firm favorite of many bonsai enthusiasts. There are many different varieties including: Japanese Garden Junipers, Green Mound, Sargent's, Needle, Shimpaku, and Chinese Junipers; all varieties being equally beautiful. Junipers are also one of the easiest forms of bonsai to take care of. Following a few simple guidelines allows a Juniper Bonsai to be grown without difficulty; as such, they are perfect for beginners and will enable one to develop their bonsai into a magnificent work of art with only a little patience and tender loving care.
The Juniper is a low growing plant, producing lush greenery and small, firm, silvery blue berries atop interesting bark that adapts well to several creative forms of Bonsai bark manipulation. Its compact foliage makes it one of the best candidates to become a Bonsai. Junipers grow slowly and are very long-lived. This Juniper will grow with outstanding beauty, remaining green throughout the year.
Will I Kill It?
Maybe, but probably not. Kids and pets are much harder to keep alive, so if you’ve ever had one of them you’ll be fine. Most Bonsai we sell need little more than sun & water.
Are there specific Care Guides available for each species?
Yes there are, and you can find them HERE
When will my Bonsai ship?
We ship daily. However, trees to the west coast ship on Mondays or Tuesday to avoid being held in-transit over the weekend. Shipments of Trees are released on Mondays and Tuesdays only to avoid being held in-transit over weekends.
Can I track my Bonsai?
Yes, once your Bonsai ships you’ll get an email with a FedEx tracking number that you’ll be able to use on their website to see exactly when your tree will arrive.
Do I need anything else to start an adventure in Bonsai?
Your Bonsai will arrive potted in a ceramic Bonsai pot that will compliment your tree and right off the bat that’s all you’ll need. If you’re looking for the basics beyond that, a Starter Kit and Humidity Tray are an excellent place to start.